Texas Hold'em is a popular poker games being played in casino card rooms.
Difficulty Level: Average Time Required: 1 hour
- Betting Limits are established for the game. The highest bet is twice the size of the minimum bet.
- Player to the left of the dealer posts (puts up) the "small blind" bet which is approx. one-half the minimum bet.
- Player to left of small blind posts the "big blind" which is equal to the minimum bet.
- Two cards are dealt to each player face down.
- A betting round begins with the first player to the left of the big blind. Players may call, raise or fold. Bets must be the game minimum.
- Three cards are dealt (Flopped) face up in the middle of the table. These are community cards used by all players.
- A second betting round takes place starting with the first active player to left of the dealer
- A forth community card is dealt face up
- A third betting round takes place.
- A fifth and final community card is dealt face up.
- The final betting round takes place.
- Remaining player compare hands to determine the winner.
- Read books to learn more about proper strategy.
- Only play in low limit games as a beginner.
- Practice at home with tutorial software.