All About Casinos
By Al Moe, About.com Guide
Navigating the Casino
Casinos can be quite large and a bit hard to navigate. Learn the best ways to find your way around, what to expect, and how to have a great time!
There are many different jobs found at casino resorts. How to find a job and the requirements and expectations for all types of casino positions can be found in this section!
- Casino Jobs
- Top Ten Reasons to Be a Casino Dealer
- What Does A Casino Conciege Host Do?
- What a Casino Pit Boss Does
- $100,000 Casino Jobs - Cocktail Servers
The word comp is short for complimentary. Comps are freebies that casinos give to their customers as a reward for their business, and as a way to promote good will and entice loyalty. The comp game is one of the most misunderstood aspects of the casino experience. Learn how to get the most from your casino gambling!
Profiles of Major Casinos
Las Vegas and Atlantic City offer the most casinos right now in the US, but there are casinos in many states. Read about them right here.
What you can expect to find at casinos around the United States. Reviews of many properties with a list of their amenities, size, gaming facilities, clientele and cost.
- Bellagio Hotel and Casino – Las Vegas
- Venetian Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
- Foxwoods: A Complete Guide to North America's Largest Casino
- Grand Casino Gulfport Oasis Resort and Spa
- Hyatt Regency Grand Lodge Casino - Lake Tahoe
- 2010 Gaming Report
Photo layouts of your favorite casinos. Enjoy a review of casinos in photos!
- A Walking Tour of the Las Vegas Strip - Mandalay Bay Hotel
- Pictures of Rooms at MGM Grand Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: Foxwoods Casino Poker Room
- The Venetian Macau Casino Photo Tour
- Bank Club Reno
For many players the expense of traveling to and staying at the casino will exceed the amount of money they spend on gambling. Here are some tips and advice to use when traveling.
Casinos are great places to spend a day of fun and excitement and many people take home souvenirs such as chips, dice and ashtrays. Some vacationers have found their little trinkets are worth thousands of dollars! As a hobby, collecting casino memorabilia is very popular. Large collecting clubs sponsor trade shows and there are many sub-groups for those who collect specific items. Read more about the hobby right here.