Talking Stick Resort casino is located at highway 101 and Indian Bend in Scottsdale, Arizona. The property opened in 2010 with 497 guestrooms housed in a fifteen-story high-rise. Previously, the Talking Stick casino was housed in two large tents next to the Talking Stick golf courses. The $550 million dollar building is owned by the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community.Amenities
- Large, 13,000 square foot open-air spa on the 14th floor featuring beautiful views
- Fenced pool with guest cabanas for privacy and upgraded services - all at a fee - such as in-cabana dining from the resort's poolside barbecue and spa treatments
- One-room cultural center and art exhibition that showcases postmodern pieces by artists of Native American descent, including those of Pima and Maricopa ancestry
- Two Troon Golf managed courses designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore
- Degree 270 cocktail lounge featuring live DJ music
- 100,000 square feet of conference space
The resort offers dining in six locations, including the poker room, from sandwiches and pizza in the Black Fig, to seafood in the Ocean Trail restaurant. Fine dining is found on the 15th floor of the hotel in the Orange Sky restaurant.
The Shadows cigar bar opens daily at 2 p.m. Other lounges include the Palo Verde and the Sports Bar.Casino
The casino offers over 700 state-of-the-art slot machines from several manufacturers. Nearly 90 percent of the machines are video-reel style, and only a small number of video poker banks are offered, although the Sports bar does have multi-game poker machines.
A large, non-smoking poker room houses approximately 50 tables with limits ranging from $3/$6 limit hold-em to $5-$500 pot limit hold'em games. There are also four blackjack tables in the poker room.
The table games department offers another 52 games on the main casino floor, including seven in the high limit area where all games are $25 to $1000 limit. Minimum bets on the remaining tables are usually $10 with blackjack, Pai Gow, Let It Ride, Three Card Poker, Casino War, and World Poker Tour.