The Bottom Line
- Learn how to analyze any horse race.
- Numerous examples from real races.
- Easy to understand text.
- Type used in the chart examples is small.
- Learn how to read and understand past performance data from the Daily Racing Form.
- Learn how to handicap horses based on the primary and secondary factors taught in the book.
- Learn how to be one of the two percent of horse bettors who make money.
- Learn why the track odds are very important when making a selection.
- Why you should not make speed the only factor in selecting a horse to bet.
- How to determine the pace of the race and how it will help select a winner.
- Learn how to quickly eliminate losing horses from a race.
- Get access to the special website with pdf files that accompany the book.
- Companion DVD which expands on the principles of the book is available for purchase..
Guide Review - How to Turn Any Racetrack Into Your Own Money Machine by Greg Boomer Wry
I thought I had some knowledge of handicapping horses but this book opened my eyes to many concepts and principles I was overlooking in trying to select a winner. This book takes you through the handicapping process in twelve lessons with each one building on the previous one to add more dimensions to your decision making for a race.
Betting horses is not just about picking the winners. Favorites only win about one third of the time and when they do the payoff is often small. You need know how to use the track odds to determine if a horse will be profitable to bet or whether to pass on a race entirely. This book will teach you how to make these decisions. You will also learn how to bet properly for different situations and how to manage your money.
The one negative with the book is the small type for the examples taken from the Daily Racing Form. This is corrected by giving the reader access to pdf files on the books website.